TEG Live in association with Tilted Windmills Theatricals, John Arthur Pinckard & David Carpenter are proud to announce that PUFFS; or Seven Increasingly Eventful Years at a Certain School of Magic & Magic, the record breaking Off-Broadway comedy hit. For seven years a certain boy wizard went to Wizard School. This, however, is not his story. This is the story of The Puffs who just happened to be there too. PUFFS gives you a new look at a familiar adventure from the perspective of three new heroes just trying to make it through wizard school.
I really enjoyed seeing the events of Harry Potter from the Hufflepuff perspective. It is always amazing to see a show that only has a small amount of actors put on such an amazing show that also relies on audience involvement. The adlib sections of the show also garner funny reactions from both cast and audience alike.
13 actors make up the full cast and they are:
- James Bryers – Cedric / others
- Olivia Charalambous – Susie / others
- Daniel Cosgrove – J. Finch / others
- Ryan Hawke – Wayne Hopkins
- James Haxby – male swing
- Gareth Issac – narrator
- Adam Marks – Oliver Rivers
- Lauren McKenna – Leanne / others (resident director)
- Brooke Rayner – female swing
- Angelina Thompson – Megan Jones
- Kimie Tsukakoshi – Sally / others
- Annabelle Tudor – Hannah / others
- Matt Whitty – Ernie / others
The audience involvement influences the dialogue that certain actors perform throughout the show which was amazing to find out. This dialogue also changes depending on the session that you go see. The matinee performances are lets say kid friendly where the evening performances the actors let loose.
Overall Puffs was an amazing play and loved going back as seeing it for a second time. Seeing the show again allowed me to see other actors portray different people and see what aspects of the dialogue changed from the last time I saw it.